Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hi!

Ahh.. my first post on a brand new, fresh blog. This is kinda like writing notes in a nice, clean new notebook.. except I can't make any doodles in the sidebar.

I've been in the market for my next great adventure for a while now (omg, has it been that long?) and I had quite a few stumbles along the way. I kept applying for the same type of jobs I'd had the past.. ones that didn't make me or anyone else very happy. Recently, however, I met some pretty amazing people that helped me have one of those moments.. you know the moment. The one where you smack yourself in the head for not seeing the glaringly obvious answer in front of you. Like the time I ran around the house frantically searching for my keys only to eventually find them literally sitting right.in.front.of.me.. but this moment was even bigger than that. (Note to potential employers: my keys now have a "home" on a key hook by the door.)

I may not know exactly where I want to work but I know what I want out of my next job. I want to contribute. I want to help people. I want to work with people and do creative things. I want to be able participate in brainstorming sessions, solve complex issues and contribute to the community. Serious fun for me is event planning- I love to plan, organize and execute morale boosting events in the workplace, for my family and within the community. I love to plan fundraising events- ones that benefit the Rays of Hope foundation, in particular.

My personality is one of a strong leader. I'm ambitious and have a boatload of ideas buzzing around here. I have notebooks full of ideas I'd love to see come to fruition. I have a passion for education and consider myself to be a perpetual student- not only in higher education but in life as well. Everyday is a new opportunity to learn something new and to change the way I live.

I'll be posting the progress of my search for my next great adventure in the next few posts. When I come across any handy-dandy tips or meet more fascinating people, I'll publish linkys to them as well.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment